Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

So Sorryyy :) Updates and News

So Sorry I've been M.I.A for the last few days, but I have SOOOOO MUCH to share!

Let's backtrack. We all know Friday wasn't a shining moment for me, I'm over it, whatever. But after that little mishap of a day, I made the decision to, like Beth, not weigh myself until the last day of my diet, that way I won't be stressing over a single pound gained or lost or whatever.

Onto Friday night- Be proud of me! Friday night, a bunch of my friends from the resort I worked at a few summers ago came up to visit at school (like 5 of us from the resort live in my area, so it worked well). One of my friends is working WAYYY up north, like in the wintery areas of the Yukon- he's a teacher- but he had the week off, so he came Friday to visit too! He's one of my best friends, so I was super happy to see him. Of course that meant a party was going down, with the drinking and the post-bar eating... which is BAAAADDD. But not for meeee! Super Conscience to the rescue! I did not drink a DROP! -Partially because I blame alcohol on my weight gain over the summer I worked at the resort in the first place, and secondly because of the big day I had coming up Saturday (I'll get to that)! So it was great! I didn't drink, which meant I could drive my ass to and from the party- I didn't end up going with everyone to the bar (Instead, I came home and worked on my Halloween costume with my roommate :) haha)- so yes, I had a rather good Friday night if I do say so myself.

NOW SATURDAY- Saturday was easy, and I was definitely under 400 calories. Now, I don't know my exact intake because I was too super busy to keep track of it, but I only ate a couple of yogurt cups (35 cal each) and had some hot chocolate to drink (less than 200 cal). So I think I can safely say I was way under the 400 calorie limit. Now, I didn't really get my workout in yesterday, but I did have an hour long dance lesson (it wasn't super intense or anything, but I'm sure it worked off a hundred cals or so)

So, are you all waiting to hear why I was so busy yesterday? Well here it is: I was busy getting ready for an audition! EEK! Yes, my school this year is doing the production of RENT, and I decided that since RENT is one of my alltime favourite musicals, I might as well take a stab at being in it. Now, normally, I Don't Sing. I'm a pretty good singer, yes, but I don't really enjoy showcasing that because most of my good singer friends I know are really douche-baggy about their talent, and also I always have that fear that I'm not actually as good as I would like to think that I am, and so I just don't like to put myself into that situation. But, I am relatively comfortable acting on stage. I've been in many a school play, and I once had a 4 page (like 7 minute) monologue that I had to preform in the middle of a play. So for me, monologues are old hat, right? NOPE. For some reason, my delightful little brain decided-  "hey, know what would be fun? Let's fuck with Leigha and make her sing better than usual, but bail hard on the monologue". So I sang my two contrasting songs (no music, just me hoping for the best)- I've never sung a cappella (without music) before, but I rocked it. I was a little nervous at first, but I nailed it overall. Then the monologue came... I bailed hard on the first line. I tried again. I bailed HARD on the second line. They still, let me try again (the judges were super nice and understanding that its fucking NERVE WRACKING being up there in front of them) and FINALLY I managed to get the whole thing out on the third try- with a little bit of emotion and such, but not nearly as much as I had practised with... So unless I was the best singer they've ever heard, I'm probably going to end up not getting a part (in which case I'll just volunteer to be a crew member, because I'm a rockstar at costume design, set design, hair and makeup ANDDD backstage- I know, I'm multi-talented: fun fact:  I used to want to be a costume designer, and since grade 7 to current I've always made my own costumes for Halloween

Now on to Halloween! SO I started making my costume this weekend! I'm being Miss Frizzle from the Magic School Bus
 But, I've made a few modifications to her outfit. First of all, I bought an UGLY ASS DRESS, cut it apart to smitherines and made it short, gave it lots of boob action, and made it cuuuute. That's about as far as I've gotten right now. I don't have a sewing machine, nor do I even really know how to use one, so I'm doing it all by hand, but it's going well so farrr! My plan is though, I need to loose as much weight starting now as possible before Halloween, because last night, I had made most of the dress (at this time it had skinny straps to hold it up). Then I sewed on the jacket part (which needed to be done) and when I tried it on again, I guess the sewing had tightened the whole thing up, because now it's tiiiight on my boobs! haha It's not a big deal, and it's wearable, but I'm going to be intense about my exercise (more than usual hopefully) to try and make it fit a little bit better on me for the big day!

Anyways, That's all for now! I'll post tonight on today's (350 cal) status

2 comments:

  1. Miss Frizzle is the best, you should post a pic of the costume when you finish it! It sounds awesome!! Glad you had such a fabulous time! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha I'll try to remember to post a pic on actual Halloween when everything is all put together :)

    ReplyDelete