Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 4

I'm in so much pain today! Kickboxing 100% kicked my ass, but it feels great (or so I keep telling myself)

Fasting today has gone wonderfully! I've had tons of water, I did my usual power walk to school (-124), then went for a run (-374) and did my workout (-300) this afternoon! And now I'm stiff beyond belief but it was so worth it! Now to do it all again tomorrow!

I find fasting days easier than low calories because once I get snacking, I find it super hard to stop because I start craving stuff. (Plus today the pain in my legs is a million times worse than my stomach being hungry hahaha). When I fast, I can avoid the kitchen at all costs and I'm fine! Also, I think I find fasting so much easier because of the mentality that I've always had about fasting. Whenever I go on long stretches of fasting or crazy restricting, I'm always inspired to keep going by the fact that Gandhi went 21 days with no food, and he only took sips of water (I guzzle it like crazy and intend to keep it that way). Anyways, that thought is what always motivates me and I thought I'd share it with you guys in case you needed some inspiration of your own <3


I'm heading to bed now I think, I'm sooo stiff I'm hoping that sleep will help so I can go on another run again tomorrow.

ABC Day Four
Calories Allowed: 400 fast
Used: 0
Workout: -798
Net: -798

I planned on weighing myself tomorrow and posting, but that's going to have to wait a week because I had the unfortunate delight of getting my period yesterday, and that always causes me to put on a few pounds so I refuse to weigh myself until it's over :)

2 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC JOB, BABE! you are Super Girl! I love your spirit! I love YOU!!

    Take it from someone who did Kickboxing professionally (me) It really doesn't get easier, but it is UBER addicting. You will notice that you never 'get used to' the pain, but you will learn to LOVE it. I promise. I know, it sounds weird, but it is so true.

    If you do it long enough you will start to crave it. I sometimes still miss sparing and speed bags.. But living in a townhome, your neighbors usually don't appreciate hearing a speed bag get drilled at 3am..

    I agree with the fasting. I made it 5 days and never even thought of food! but once you go in and grab a 100 calories treat, you see other things.. another 100 calories treat and the next thing you know youre at 500 cals for the day and hate yourself...

    I'm not sure where I am going with this.. HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhhh shucks ;) thanks Beth, I love you too! And you're so right, that's exactly how it happens with the food!

    And as for the kickboxing, I know! I already can't wait until next week :) I live in a townhouse too, and man, its rough living upstairs. Just to do my workout I have to wait until my roommate (who lives in the basement) isn't home so I can use the basement for jumping jacks and such so the whole house doesn't start shaking haha!

    ReplyDelete