Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Ana Boot Camp: Day 1

Well, today started off with a shitty start. I was supposed to go to a spin class with my friend from school first thing this morning. I was SUPER Excited, got up super early to get stuff done before I had to leave, annnnddd at 8am (an hour before the class) she texted me to tell me that she had only gotten 3 hours of sleep last night and blah blah blah she wasn't going. A few things. First of all, I haven't yet signed up for this gym (because I used to go to a different gym in the winters and when there's no snow, I exercise outside) and I NEED HER TO GO WITH ME TO SIGN UP! This gym is on like a referral basis only and so I couldn't go to the class without her even if I wanted to.  Secondly, this friend, who we'll call AM, is a compulsive liar. Everyone has caught her in lies and so our entire friend group knows it, but she's a really nice girl when she's not pissing us off, so nobody's called her out on it... but she's constantly saying things to make you feel sorry for her or to draw attention to herself and it's just stupid (Like saying that she got 3 hours of sleep tonight or we'll have a sleepover and she'll say she didn't sleep at all when I know she did, or she lies about food- complaining that she hasn't eaten in 4 days when you just saw her at McDonalds, and the MOST ANNOYING is when she lies about school- she'll cry whine and complain about how she works SO HARD at school studying and such but she can't seem to get good grades. I understand that some people just retain information better, but she and I are in the same program, I do probably less than half of the amount of studying and crap that she allegedly does, and my marks are over 20% higher than hers because she a) doesn't utilize her study time properly, and b) SHE DOESN'T ACTUALLY STUDY AS OFTEN AS SHE SAYS!
Sorry, I know I've gotten off track, but whatever.  I just get so frustrated with her and her lies sometimes. But I really don't have any proof to back up my claims that shes a compulsive liar so there's nothing that I can do about it.
Needless to say though, I've done a total of 0 exercising today, and don't really intend on doing any later either. I'm headed over to the school for a class now (I'll walk- there and back is about 3km) but that'll likely be the extent of my exercise today. Fortunately, my eating has been wonderful and I'm currently only at 204 calories and it's 2pm, plus today I'm going to be on campus from 2:30-10pm (meetings, classes, etc) so that should limit my food intake too!
I downloaded a few apps for my iPod touch that will help me to keep track of my net total calories, so here's to hoping that this bootcamp goes well!
Oh! Another plus to today! I weighed myself anddddd I didn't gain a single pound on my weekend away at home! Yay! I actually lost like half a pound!

EDIT: Final Results of Day One!
Workout today: power walking to and from campus: -207
Calories Allowed: 500
Used:468
Left Over: 32
Net: 261

3 comments:

  1. Hey babe! Good job on the first day! and don't feel bad, I was total lazy ASS and didn't workout today, but I will make up for it tomorrow with some workouts, running and Yoga.

    Be careful about the shady people that you call "friends" someone who lies TO YOU will not hesitate to lie ON YOU.

    I'm always here for you. Always thinking about you. and if I were there with you, I woulod have totally went with you to the spin class and we would have kicked some serious ASS!

    chin up. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People like that annoy me so much. Especially when they are our 'friends'.
    On campus until 10pm? Wow! College is good for keeping you busy though. Food doesn't even enter my mind when I am there.

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lady! I'm so glad to hear that you did sweet FA today too, and yes I'm with you! I've already made my plans for a long run tomorrow, complete with a hill workout. And for the record, we would have kicked serious ass!
    And thanks for the advice on AM, you're totally right, I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her when it comes to important stuff (like, I'd NEVER tell her about my ED) but she is a nice girl and when she's not bitching shes fun to be around, and when she is bitching, she makes my life sound great (even though I know half her shit isn't real haha)

    Run, I totally agree! Night class sucks and it's as boring as hell, but night is when I do my worst snacking, so It's best to be away from home I suppose. BUT on my way home I picked up some new Special K cereal (with blueberries) and it's only 100cal per 3/4 cup- which is the lowest cal cerial I could find, but it's great for snacking on so I'm pretty happy about that!

    ReplyDelete