Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Motivational Challenge

Down to business.

I've noticed that a) a lot of us have been sick lately and so I hope that you all get better, I'm feeling MUCH better myself today, thanks to everyone for the well wishes!

I've also noticed that b) a lot of us have mentioned in our blogs that we've been slipping up the last week or so, or in the words of Emma, we've "been really down and lost [our] drives to loose weight". Emma's right, and I'm no exception to this. I've been failing miserably at fasting the last couple of days. Part of the reason will come later in this post, but the other part is just that I have no motivation to do anything. I've been feeling so... empty the last few days. I had to force myself to go to school, I haven't exercised in forever, I haven't drawn, or written like I wanted to, haven't read any school books, and I've been eating the most unhealthy foods imaginable. And I hate myself for it, but that's just not stopping me.

But Emma's given me an idea. Many of us are stuck in a certain range (I'm stuck, like her in the 150s), some of you are stuck in the 130s, some of you in the 100s)- my challenge for you this month is a simple one, but will take work. Break Through. My challenge is for you to break through your range into a new one. So for myself, I need to break through the 150s and into the 140s. That's all. It's not a challenge to see who can loose the most, it's more of a kind of motivation to help us all back up on our feet to where you want to be. It doesn't matter what you do to achieve this- diets, exercise regimes, whatever, just do it. For some, this will mean loosing only 2lbs, for others (and sadly, including myself) it will mean 7lbs, but don't let that stop you, we're all in this together.

Yes, you heard right, I've gained a disgusting 6lbs! I'm back up to 156lbs after being sick and eating all of those crackers and toast and such. But that's not all that I've been eating. The biggest offender (as of yesterday)- Peanut Butter.

My ex and I (we'll call him K), so, K and I have been getting along well lately, and hanging out a lot. The same was true for last night... Things were going great, and then we got into a fight over his stupidly telling a bunch of our friends something that was private between the two of us from back when we dated. He was playing a drinking game with our friends and it came up (as part of the game) and he told everyone. He didn't tell who it was, but everyone kind of assumed because we dated for 5 years, so it's pretty obvious that I was the girl in the story. So now, every time a question surrounding the issue comes up in future games (which is often I play all the time)- I can't lie about it because they all know, and it's mortifying. Anyways, so we got in a fight because of this, and me not being able to trust him around that bitch of an ex best friend and such, anyways, world war III, I ended up leaving, all pissed off, and in my infinite anger, I decided to eat like a million Reese Peanut butter cups, some PB on toast, etc. Why? Because that's what I do when I'm mad at him. Why is that, you may ask? I eat Peanut Butter  either a) so I'm not tempted to go make up with him (he has an allergy)  or b) so that if I want to, I have the power to kill him in an angry, anaphylactic rage. Mind you, I'm not sure whether it's for A or B, but regardless, it was a lot of peanut butter, which I'm not proud of.

We still haven't spoken. It's a lot of anger and resentment at the moment...
It makes me sad.
BUT! Starting tomorrow, I'm turning things around!

Oh also, I found This website which I thought I'd share (I'm in charge of hosting a lunch tomorrow so I was hunting for low cal recipes I can serve to others and found it! Enjoy Loves! xox

2 comments:

  1. AMEN to the breakthrough! Seriously love you!!! we are so going to DO THIS!!! its ok dear, I gained my 8lbs and lost 4 in just 2 days:) I'm sure u can get back on track pretty soon^_^ ohmygosh peanut butter for me too!!! seriously the worst culprit i used to slather giant spoonfuls with bananas like crazy lol. This other day i was so mad at myself i was like "im throwing away the peanut butter" but then i would feel bad since its my parents money that bought it. So ive been testing my resilience the past 3 days & havent touched it since! if i can do it, u can do it too! u can soooo do this! stay strong<3 uve got the strength in u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) feeling much better.
    b) oh, my drive is still there. the exams are fucking it up. xD.
    apathy is sad. i think - when i eat normally, i let myself free kind of. i write, i read, i laugh, i eat. but for you guys, it's different. but right now, my 'binges' are another person's very normal intake. or even a little on the low side.
    i'm with you on this one, babe! i'm stuck in the 150's as well. need 140's. desperately. i've already broken through my May to December plateau of 156.6. and that means a lot for me!
    for me, it's about 4lbs. :)
    peanut butter. you know. when i binge, i eat a little amount of peanut butter. weird, eh?!
    as stillimagining said, 6lbs that will disappear in no time. since a lot of it is water weight!
    a lot of peanut butter actually stops me from binging for some reason. my binge food is pasta! i can eat a shitload of it before saying 'enough' but ever since i purged on it, it hurts. now it's cereal but ever since the laxatives, i've gone...well, they look less appealing.
    turning things around! that's the spirit! :D
    <3
    Jenny your Misha and Misha your Jenny and Finn your Kurt, and Kurt your Finn. xD.
    <3
    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete